Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weighing In

This past week was tough for me. I was dealing with my third week of a nasty sinus infection plus I got a cold on top of it. I had absolutely no energy at all. I only made it to the gym once to work out. I am really missing my Zumba class! There were also a couple of days that I know I went over on my calories and one day that I forgot to log anything at all. So this morning I stepped on the scale not expecting to see any results from my lousy week.

What? I lost a pound on a lousy week? That's great! To see one less pound on the scale when I expected to see a maintain or a gain made my morning!

I'm calling my doctor on Monday to get some antibiotics for this sinus infection. Hopefully I'll get to feeling better soon.

Today's gong to be a busy day as well. Lucy, our new puppy, has completely shredded the couch and recliner. We hauled that furniture off to the dump yesterday and today will be going and getting some cheap replacement furniture. We've found a futon at Wal-Mart that's inexpensive and the frame is made of metal. As long as we put the cushion in the closet or Brenna's room during the day when we're gone that will be good. The dog can't shred metal. And we've found some papasan chairs with metal frames too that we're going to go look at. Yesterday we spent the day cleaning up the fluff from the inside of the recliner and couch and hauling it all off. We also shampooed the living room carpet, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, and started the laundry. Now to get some furniture in the living room again!

Here's to a more productive week for me and to a healthier week as well. I hope to kick this sinus infection and cold to the curb soon.

3 comments:

  1. Great result while you were sick! Nothing derails me faster than getting sick and not being able to exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To lose even one pound is really great, definitly better than gaining the extra pound. It is even better to have done this when you were not feeling well so congratulations on a job well done for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great! Sticking with it when you're not feeling your best is hard. Keep it up. We loose it all one pound at at time. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete