Monday, October 14, 2013

One Week In...

Well, I got through the first week. Did I exercise at all? No. Did I have a perfect week? Definitely not. Anyone who's seen my food diary (or lack thereof) can tell that. My lovely period even decided to show up. It was rough this week. My older dog who had cancer passed away on 10/8. We knew he was getting close but it's always sad when that happens. And grief often leads to food. I also visited a customer this past week who had delectable cheesecake. Of course I got a big honking piece. Cheesecake is my weakness.

In spite of it all, I managed a very small loss. 0.8 pounds, especially at my weight, isn't much at all. But even so, it's a tiny step in the right direction.

This week, my plan is to avoid sodas at all costs. Drink only water! And I plan to be more vigilant about logging my food. There were a few days where I didn't log dinner or skipped logging entirely. If I don't hold myself accountable, I'll never reach my goals.

Today went well, in spite of it being Monday. Even though I had to deal with my most irritating customer several times today I didn't go off plan. I had a small NSV (non-scale victory) today when I passed by the break room and saw a mountain of doughnuts, muffins, and other assorted pastries. There were three people in there scarfing them down. I paused and stuck my head in the door. "What's all that stuff? I don't need that," I said. One lady in there said, "Well, none of us really need it but come have one." I declined and went back to my desk. That's very hard to do at my office. As I work for a major foodservice distributor, there's food in the office all the time. Most of the time it's the unhealthy food too. Turning it down is often difficult, but if I'm going to be successful I need to do that. There will be time for doughnuts later. Remember...a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.

So, today was good. I stayed on plan. I drank water only. One day down, 99 to go! Here's to a successful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment